With a good plastic card, the business possibilities are endless.
Thanks to their durability and high-quality graphics, plastic cards can be used in a lot of different situations. On top of their terrific visual appeal, plastic cards also have the capability of interacting with machines in a number of different ways.
No matter what line of business you are in, there is an innovative and growth-sparking use for printed plastic cards.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- One of the most underrated features of plastic is the ease with which it can be recycled.
- Some PVC cards are biodegradable after four years when they are in contact with soil and composite.
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For any questions about printed plastic card and to learn more about our competitive pricing, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Most plastic card printers are different, and to find the one which satisfies your business needs, you might have to research them carefully.
We can help you find the perfect plastic card printer, at a price that you can afford. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from professional technicians
Our easy-to-navigate website will let you browse through all the top printer brands.
Read transparent product reviews from customers just like you! Save money on printers and supplies with our affordable prices. Shop the best brands on our user-friendly website.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t have to be an overwhelming prospect. Instead, you can focus on these key factors to narrow your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in either single or dual sided models.
Single-sided models are more affordable, but you have to manually flip and re-print the backside of the cards. If you have a lot of two-sided cards to print, a dual-sided printer is a worthwhile investment. 2. Reverse transfer or dye sublimation
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and cost-effective type of printer.
They utilize a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card but usually leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also known as re-transfer) require the use of a ribbon and a transfer film for the best quality print that ensures a full bleed with no borders. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies which print in large batches will generally prefer bigger hopper sizes, print speeds that are faster, and high-yield ribbons which can be used in the printer.
If you are only going to print a new card here and there, you might be better served with a manual hand-fed printer or a more inexpensive automatic printer that has a lower capacity. 4) Lamination & Visual Security When you laminate an ID card, the durability and cost also increases, but lamination may be essential if the card will be handled or swiped on a regular basis.
Lamination also allows you to add holograms to your cards for greater security.
There are other ways to add visual security that are less expensive, such as watermarks, hologram stickers, and holographic cardstock. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to a PC using a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, ensure the printer you select has Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another name for an ID card printer.
PVC – or polyvinyl chloride – may bring to mind plastic pipes, but it is also used to make durable and reliable ID cards. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use a variety of methods to transfer a design onto a card. The most popular techniques to print on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. One of the more popular methods for ID card printing is dye sublimation printing that requires the use of a ribbon which has panels containing three main colors, they include Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta.
Dye sublimation printing uses a ribbon with three panels in the primary colors of yellow, cyan, and magenta along its entire length and is a very popular method.
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where needed, and transfers it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term that is commonly used to refer to color printing. For black-and-white printing, the term is known as resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
In order to see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer, or to download a brochure, you can navigate to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST priced printer for color plastic cards on the market today.
It’s not necessary to buy a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
This single-sided printer can print on both sides! Simply manually flip the card over and run it through on the backside of the card after the initial printing.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution, for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
Also, you can access a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can add text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more, to the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows customers to print their cards immediately and independently.
Print single cards or small batches as you need them. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can produce an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database, adding information to your card designs in a single click, and launching a print run of your badges with one command, including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 generates personalized plastic cards with professional printing, allowing you to highlight your organization’s brand image.
USER-FRIENDLY Simple to get up and running, the Badgy200 is no tougher to work than a printer.
All you have to do is load the cards in the feeder and collect them from the hopper, which are both located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software allows you to control the printer from your computer, by receiving notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are simple to install and automatically recognized.
The Badgy200 Printer is very compact, being smaller than a sheet of letter-sized paper, and that means it will fit into practically any workspace at all.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can print your cards on quality plastic!
- Badgy prints quality badges in full color, allowing you the ability to print the badges you want, when and where you want them.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install, versatile, and works just like a standard office printer.
- The system is compact and lightweight, so it fits well into almost any office workspace.
- Small runs of high-quality professional cards and IDs have never been simpler with Badgy200 from Evolis.
- Whether you need one card once in a while or 100 cards per day, Badgy is optimized to suit your needs.
- Badgy200 fills all your needs for graphic personalization and fast card production, whether you need a single card or multiple cards in small batches.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single-installation CD that has Badge Studio software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You will be able to design and print professional-quality, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the included software.
- The software is compatible with Mac and PC operating systems and lets you create personalized badges in minutes.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software will enable you to manage your printer right from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Visit badgy.com to find a free card template from our library, there you can personalize any template you like by adding photos, logos, text, and a lot more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank credit card-sized PVC cards.
- Installation CD with the printer driver, the Badge Studio + software, and card template.
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is one of the most affordable options you can buy, and it’s perfect for printing in low-volume applications. This has proven to be a full, all-in-one solution, that, even though it is somewhat out of the box, it’s still great for beginners.
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online template library
A consumables pack that includes a ribbon and plastic cards
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Some of the key features of the Badgy card printer is its 25-card input/output tray located on the front of the printer along with the ribbon reloading located at the top, while on the back is the power connection and the USB port.
In addition, an LCD control panel means the printer is easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Regardless of if you need to print one card or 100 cards, overall, the printing costs are much lower than normal and fit any budget.
In addition to that, less power is used when it’s set on hibernation mode, which saves money.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview - This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
This printer has a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour We printed in color while it’s monochrome speed is 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them - in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Visitor badges Event badges