The best news is, you can put these gorgeous cards to use in many different ways.
Thanks to their durability and high-quality graphics, plastic cards can be used in a lot of different situations. You can also add tech features, like magnetic stripes and chips, to expand your card horizons even further.
With so many possible uses for plastic cards, it makes good sense for businesses to be printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- One of the most underrated features of plastic is the ease with which it can be recycled.
- In addition to being highly durable and lasting a long time, PVC cards are capable of decomposing under the right conditions.
- If you want to show that your company cares about the environment, recycled plastic business cards are the way to go.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
Do you have questions about plastic cards for your business? Would you like a quote? Please fill out this form for a prompt response. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Take a look at what you need and make sure you find the right printer for the job you want done, because not all plastic card printers are the same.
We want to help you find the right printer at the right price! Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from professional technicians
Save up to 50% on printers and supplies with our everyday low prices.
Check out honest product reviews from your peers. Get award-winning service from experienced ID professionals. Ongoing customer service that continues after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
You don’t have to be overwhelmed while trying to buy an ID card printer—just think about these five key things to help simplify your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in either single or dual sided models.
Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards, which can be time intensive and tedious. Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dry sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of ID card printer.
These cards print in vibrant color directly to the card, but will leave a very thin white border around each card edge. Reverse transfer or re-transfer printers use a ribbon and transfer film to produce higher-quality results with better color bleed and no white border on the cards. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies printing larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
Companies printing small batches can save money with a handfed only printer or printers without high-volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards increases durability and cost of ID cards. But it is necessary for cards that are handled regularly or swiped through a machine or reader.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for added security.
There are other more affordable ways to add visual security, such as utilizing watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5. Connection type
All ID card printers are capable of being connected to a PC as long as you have a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, be sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. Need to connect to a network to print from more than one computer? Then choose a printer that has an Ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC is a very strong type of plastic that is well-suited to the creation of all sorts of cards. The credit and bank cards you carry are very likely made from it. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
Transferring a design onto an ID card with a PVC card printer can be done in various ways. Some of the most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printers use a ribbon that has three main colors that are mixed into any other colors you might need.
The print head is heated and moves over the ink ribbon while printing in a highly precise way, transferring the ink to the card in your desired pattern. Dye sublimation usually only applies to color PVC card printers; black and white PVC card printers call this process resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
In order to see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer, or to download a brochure, you can navigate to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Badgy200 by Evolis is the most competitively priced option available.
You can use the single-sided printer, then flip the card over and run it through the backside of the card.
You can just use a single-sided printer and flip the cards over to print both sides.
This can save you $600, which is roughly the price difference between a single-sided and dual-sided printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy offers a comprehensive solution for both PC and Mac. This comprehensive package includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, you will get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND You can print cards on your own and whenever they are needed with Badgy200.
You can print your badges as your need for them increases - in small batches or as single cards. Saving Time
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database, adding information to your design quickly and easily, and even accounting for variable data printing.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards with professional-quality, edge-to-edge printing, that highlights your brand’s image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
You load the cards in the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The entire process is completed through the very simple and straightforward Badgy Premium Suite software that can be run on any PC. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter sized sheet of paper, allowing it to fit into any workspace.
- This compact printer weighs just 9 pounds!
- Personalized Card Badges
- Print your own cards securely and quickly with Badgy anytime you need them. Every print run will turn out the same professional results and exceptional visual quality. No matter what the application, Badgy handles it on demand.
- The Premier Card Printer
If you can print your cards on paper, you can print them on plastic.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality whenever you want and wherever you want.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and used just like a standard office printer.
- It has a compact, lightweight design that can be used comfortably in any office space.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 meets all your needs for personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- The Badgy 200 color ID card printer is great when you need to create and print membership cards, event badges, personalized employee or visitor badges as well as a library and student ID cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes the Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the required printer driver.
- The Evolis Badge Studio + software, which is included with the Badgy200 package, allows you to print professional-quality, edge-to-edge ID badges and cards.
- The printer is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and lets you create personalized badges in minutes.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software gives you total control of your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with notifications
- 24/7 online support
- We offer thousands of free card templates at badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choosing and add photos, logos, text, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards are the size of a typical credit card
- Installation CD, including Badge Studio Plus software, the printer driver, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 card printing software is affordable and perfect for low volume card printing applications. This is a complete all-in-one solution right out of the box, which makes it perfect for novice users.
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online template library
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack (ribbon and plastic cards)
Badgy offers a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon loading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back of the printer.
Additionally, the LCD control panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 creates full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
In addition to that, less power is used when it’s set on hibernation mode, which saves money.
The Badgy 200 color ID card printer is ideal for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
With a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour, this printer is incredibly fast!
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever and wherever you need them – individually or as a group! Gift and loyalty cards
Event badges Visitor badges